There have been some amazing sights this week of the Full Moon. This recent moon phase is a Waning Gibbous phase. This is the first phase after the Full Moon where the illumination of the moon decreases each day until it reaches 50% (the last quarter phase).
The waning (shrinking) gibbous Moon will rise after sunset in the east, transit the meridian after midnight, before setting after sunrise in the west.
Apparently, the full moon is a powerful time for cleansing and charging hot stones. On this night when the lunar energy is at its highest, one should harness the energy that come from its glowing light. So, I simply placed my stones outside, under direct moonlight over night.
😊I like to believe that now my stones are cleansed and recharged!🧐….
But it is for certain that hot stones can offer all sorts of benefits when incorporated in a massage treatment:-
- It’s comforting and relaxing Think of the pleasure of being made warm by a fireside on a chilly day and you’ll understand why the heat of the hot stones is so comforting and relaxing. It’s like being deeply embraced, right into your soul. It feels just like your home.
- The heat aids depth With the hot stones, one of the major benefits is that the heat from the stones penetrates your body, bringing many of the benefits of massage at a deeper level. It allows intense muscle relaxation which allows me, as your massage therapist to work deeper.
- Relief from tension and pain Heat is a well known natural pain reliever. If tension is behind an ache or pain, then heat can be enormously effective at releasing the tension and thus easing the pain. This is because when heat is applied to an area, the blood flow to that region increases. It can help alleviate spasms and enable a joint or muscle to be gently flexed and regain movement and mobility.
- Relief from stress and anxiety It’s been scientifically proven to reduce stress and anxiety. Endorphins and other feel-good hormones are released which reduce stress and anxiety. At the same time, the ‘stress’ hormones, such as norepinephrine and cortisol, are lowered.
- Aids sleep Hot stones will help ease you into deeper restful and restorative sleep. Indeed, there have been studies that massage has been particularly beneficial for easing insomnia in women who are moving through the menopause.
- Immune boosting More scientific research proves that massage increases the level of lymphocytes, which are the cells that help the immune system fight off harmful substances in the body. It increases circulation and lymphatic flow, which helps move healthy nutrients through your body and encourages the filtration of metabolic waste.
- Managing chronic pain For those with chronic pain conditions, such as Fibromyalgia, massage has been shown to bring tangible positive effects. The science shows that this is due to the low levels of substance P, which is how the body partly transmits pain signals. People with these conditions can be sensitive to strong massage pressures. Hot stones allow deeper work without necessarily applied strong pressure. Other research has shown that people with painful Rheumatoid Arthritis have also benefitted with less pain.